Affiliate marketing is one of the simplest and the most profitable ways of making money online. Basically, you promote other peoples’ products in exchange for a commission. The best part about affiliate marketing is that you do not have to create your own product. Also, there is no need to worry about maintaining an inventory, shipping, billing and customer care as all these aspects are taken care of by the manufacturer. Top affiliates earn millions of dollars in commissions every year!
Even though the business model of affiliate marketing is fairly simple, you do need to have a high traffic website, blog or a Youtube channel to succeed at it. Paid methods of advertising are suitable for affiliate marketing only if the commissions are substantial enough. Still, many affiliate marketers refrain from using paid advertisements to attract customers –instead, they focus on establishing a reputable online identity and constantly endeavor to enhance it.
Below is a step by step approach to affiliate marketing.
1) How to begin? Start by creating a blog or a website about a subject that people might be interested in. You may also create your own YouTube channel if you have the talent and the skills that are required to make interesting videos. It costs just 15-20 dollars to set up a website. You don’t even have to know much about programming – you can simply choose between templates. In fact, with so many free tools at your disposal, creating a website has become almost as easy as setting up a facebook profile!
2) Make your website/blog/channel valuable by providing very high quality content. Genuinely focus on informing/entertaining people. You can write all the content yourself if you are good with words but if writing is not your cup of tea, you can hire a professional writer. Make sure that all your content is SEO friendly. SEO stands for Search Engine Optimization. It plays a very crucial role in improving traffic.
3) Promote Your Website/blog/Channel: Do everything in your power to make your blog/popular. Use social media, tell all your friends, upload good content, give away free gifts, participate in online forum discussions. Remember that it will most probably take several months for your website to become popular – so be patient and persevere.
4) Now that you have a good inflow of traffic, you may recommend relevant products to your visitors. The best places to find relevant products to promote are ClickBank, Commission Junction, Amazon Affiliates, Google Affiliate Network, LinkShare and so on.
5) Get people to subscribe. This allows you to stay in touch with your audience and more importantly, gives you a chance to refer more products.
6) Always remember that there is a huge difference between exploiting and helping. People use the internet to find answers to their problems. Often, these problems make people emotional and susceptible to exploitation. Many marketers take advantage of this situation by enticing people to buy absolutely useless products. Even though this might seem lucrative in the beginning, it is very harmful to your reputation in the long run. Thus, only promote products that you truly believe in. If you want to learn MORE about affiliate marketing, we recommend checking out Profit Academy, by Anik Singal.
Understand that the 6 step approach that is mentioned above covers only the basics of affiliate marketing. As you advance further, you will learn a lot more from your personal experiences and by observing and studying other successful affiliates.